Wednesday, March 24, 2010

EchoLink for iPhone

Being a holiday today, have spend some time on my vhf, then came to my favorite program Echolink. Even though I am using GPRS connection for my internet and echolink, I am looking for something to enhance performance of my Echolink node (VU2WSM-L) (Node No. 375663). This time the visit to the Echolink’s home page given me some more interesting information.

Let me start with Echolink : EchoLink® software allows licensed Amateur Radio stations to communicate with one another over the Internet, using streaming-audio technology. The program allows worldwide connections to be made between stations, or from computer to station, greatly enhancing Amateur Radio's communications capabilities.

Now EchoLink for iPhone

EchoLink for iPhone is an edition of the EchoLink software that runs on an iPhone or iPod touch. If you own one of these devices and are a validated EchoLink user, you can access the EchoLink system from nearly anywhere where WiFi networking is available. If you have an iPhone, you can also use it to access EchoLink over the cellular data (3G or EDGE) network. EchoLink for iPhone is available free of charge from Apple's App Store.

For more info visit : http://www.echolink.org/faq_iphone.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment