Saturday, April 16, 2011

Amitabh Bachchan and Amateur Radio




One of India's most famous actors, 68 years old Amitabh Bachchan, expressed his interest to get back in to Amateur Radio (HAM Radio). He mentioned in his blog that while he returning to Mumbai, he had an interaction with the Flight captain, who is  also an Amateur Radio operator.  Amitabh Bachchan  have a Amateur Radio License with the call sign VU2AMY. 

Amitab Bachchan mentioned in blog  "Yes I am a member and had become one soon after my ‘Coolie’ accident when I was in Delhi recuperating. I had attended classes privately and has also given an examination, received my identity and had become a recognized member. But time and circumstances never permitted me to pursue its activities and so I stopped operating it. Now, I am too far gone in another direction and forgotten all the training that I received, as also my ID to be operational again." 



We,  all HAMs waiting to have a word with him on air soon…   

2 comments:

  1. I also want to become a ham(amateur radio operator).plz help me to become that.mail me at engineerdiganta@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete